October 08, 2003  
the grey laptop hums on my lap as the disk drive lights up and makes funny sounds. its 10:37 pm, and I have just been studying for a comparism between The Taming of the Shrew and 10 things I hate about you.

I also have a practise political studies exam tommorow. I've studied abit... sorta. There's 4 different bits:
Constitution
Parliament and the Executive
Voting and Elections
Foreign Policy

The only one I'm really not upto date with is Parliament and the Executive. Although I DO know that the Governor-General is like in charge of the executive. And I think parliament means senate... doesn't it? Oh god, I'm not going to do well.

I studied before, then read a bit of John Birmingham's Tasmanian Babe's Fiasco (sequal to He Died with a Felafel in his hand) I swear I love Birmingham's writing style. He's such a tripper honestly. Ok enough bloggging, I know its been short but I have to stay in study mode till I conk out fully.

Hmm more blogging. I did my political studies practise exam today!!! Now I can chill with much deserved bud and creative thinking, rather then the forumalised robotic way of thinking in a private girls school. Because thats the only way they know how to think.

I'm going to read the Australian Stoner Share-housing King himself, John Birmingham of "He Died with a felafel in his hand." This is the sequal, and by Birminghams great writing in his previous books, this is going to be a great movie. Will this have Grease 2 tackiness to it, or will it capture the Grease 1 classic. In a way "He died with a..." IS a classic. First movie made share housing drug welding satanic indie movies to the public. One of the first for a sydney author, let alone a stoner (The movie had very little mention of drugs... the characters light up spliffs every few minutes, as do in all his book and some of his stoner travelling with weirdo housemates in shared housing. Hadn't anyone thought this would be cool? More intimate than Big Brother, and 100 times better, but with surprising aussie accents and swearing."
I really do wish John Birmingham has a great and long career - he seems to genuinely represent the image of a great stoner indie kid writer. And he would be mirrored in the movie starring ***. so I'm looking forward to how this book goes.. I'll tell you when I'm done.

Even on the very first page describing the writers background, the second line says "He doesn't know how those drugs came to be in his shoe." It also mentions the sex driven youth thing: Coloumns in Playboy.. those coloumns can be goddamn hilarious.

***
write to nikki in batemans bay and retype the last few pages of Goon Cheap cask wine analysis' by drunk people. Last few pages of the tasmanian babes fiasco - john birmingham."
***

I wonder if John Birmingham ever went to university. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a 'natural' ever-poor stoner. Thats how I imagine the first would be if he is.. plus I think they have a bucket bong in it somewhere. And the fact that he's smoking ALL the time.

I wanna do some major research into John Birmingham. First author since Paul Jennings for me to be obsessed with. Also see Judith Lucy's biography....... from then to now, with both Birmingham and Lucy. That'll add abit of fun to my life won't it? I need to get a life.

I'm really getting interested in Buddhism.


<< Home

Archives

01/2001   02/2001   03/2001   04/2001   09/2001   10/2001   03/2003   04/2003   07/2003   08/2003   09/2003   10/2003   11/2003   12/2003   01/2004   02/2004   03/2004   04/2004   05/2004   06/2004   07/2004   08/2004   09/2004   10/2004   11/2004   12/2004   05/2005   11/2005   12/2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?